Our client, a Fortune 500 company, and a global leader in men’s grooming products, faced the following challenges.
- The client had a hard deadline of three months to complete the migration from the legacy marketing automation platform to a nimbler mobile-first marketing platform.
- All the marketing data (historical & recurring) of the client were from different data sources and funnelled by Kafka systems
- The company wanted to push all the data to the new platform by converting from various formats to supported format
- Lister underwent detailed discovery workshop to understand client’s use-cases and their data sources
- We created a detailed design document to decide on how to deal with different data sources.
- We defined each data source and mapped the relevant attributes to the respective data types.
- We laid out a comprehensive data migration plan, outlining the following details: how to handle every kind of data, what is the volume, frequency of load and how to store it.
- Lister then created a nimble AWS solution, using AWS S3, AWS glue, Python, AWS Lambda, to transform and load data.
- We migrated about 3.6 billion data points within one month.
- The client went live with the new platform before the hard deadline.
- Since we launched campaigns with effective segmentation and personalization, the open rate was improved by 4% and the CTR by 2%.