The client is a leading building materials and aggregate manufacturer with global presence. The client’s current customer operation is spread across 70 countries serviced by close to 80000 employees. Salesforce was implemented for their sales, marketing, and service team. The primary objective of the implementation is to provide complete customer information to the Field sales/service team to empower and enable effectiveness.
To meet the above objective, the customer and transaction data maintained in SAP had to be integrated with Salesforce.
- The Field Sales team had limited information available to interact effectively with the dealers and distributors in terms of
- Material stock availability
- Status of orders and dispatches
- Status of credit and overdue invoices
- Status of schemes and discounts
- Information on dealer performance
- There was a need to ensure sync between SAP and Salesforce in terms of Account information, and master data related to territories and regions which could change from time to time.
- Lister team worked with the client SAP team to integrate the complex data model in SAP into salesforce through a complex integration program, involving data transfer from SAP and transformation & insert updates into Salesforce objects.
- Due to the high volume of transactional data and storage limitations, the solution had built in configurable parameters to limit data to certain pre-defined periods and override existing data to minimise consumption of storage
- For transactional information-- like status of orders and dispatches--we enabled real time data to be pushed to a page in Salesforce, on demand, without storing the data.
- Rich charts and dashboards were created to enable the field sales team to see snapshot of information easily.
- Easy availability of information drove adoption by sales team; we were able to get over 95% adoption within 3 months from go-live for over 1500 users
- Dealer satisfaction improved due to the ability of Sales to team to provide accurate and quick responses to their queries and needs
- There was positive impact on sales due to visibility of stocks and status of dispatches, enabling enabled dealers to plan and order more predictably