The client is one of the largest producers of cement and aggregates, with over 70000 employees spread across the globe, and a turnover of around CHF 26 billion.
The client had acquired two of the largest cement companies in India, and as part of their plans to leverage technology for growth, decided to implement Salesforce for their customer-facing needs. These needs included sales, marketing, technical services and customer support.
The company sold most of its products through an extensive dealer distributor network across the country. It planned to roll out a base template of Salesforce in India, and then use customised versions of the template for each APAC country. Some challenges the company wanted to address were:
- Ability to standardise reporting across all countries to enable global reporting in a consistent manner
- There were possibilities of merging of Salesforce orgs of all or some of APAC, and the client wanted Salesforce to be designed keeping that in mind.
- There were chances of acquisitions and demergers, which they wanted to ensure could be handled smoothly
Lister team reviewed requirements across a few countries and defined common requirements and variants. Based on this, Lister built a base template for common functionality and laid down design governance guidelines for changes. We also established naming conventions for each country’s objects, fields and other metadata to enable separation of logic in case of mergers or split of orgs.
- The approach enabled us to standardise rollouts to each country and handle this efficiently and quickly
- We handled several mergers and demergers of Salesforce orgs due to organisational changes with ease.
- The standardisation of the base solution and the ability to customise the application to local needs were built into the solution. This enabled great flexibility and reuse of functionality.
- We also were able to ensure harmonisation of Salesforce orgs across all countries