The Business Need
A Salesforce partner wanted to solve the commonly-faced problem of data quality in Salesforce due to the creation of many duplicate accounts, contacts and leads
The partner wanted an app that was completely native to Salesforce and configurable for different countries, regions, and business needs. The major challenge was to be able to run complex deduplication logic using Apex without hitting governor limits.
The partner did not have expertise in Salesforce and was completely dependent on the Lister team for architecture, design, and development of the solution.
Our team worked on design, architecture, and development of the first versions of the solution and highlights included:
- A configurable solution that could define different data matching rules for different countries and regions. For instance, strasse in German and street in English would be given low weightage for duplicate matching of addresses.
- Options to both review and select data to delete or merge manually as well as to auto-merge based on the strength of the match
- Auto searches at the point of data entry to prevent duplicate data entry
- The app was effective in improving data quality for Salesforce customers
- Enhanced user credibility and trust of data in Salesforce significantly
- Given a 5-star rating on Salesforce AppExchange