The Business Need
A Salesforce ISV partner in Australia wanted to build a time card management and payroll processing app that could efficiently handle both small and large contract staff payroll.
Some of the key considerations were scalability, flexibility to configure and extend and the ability to integrate with external APIs like tax calculators, payment gateways, legacy enterprise systems, among other things.
The app had to be developed in a tight period: six months in total, from concept to security review.
Lister put together a small team that had developers, QA and an on-demand UI/UX designer and developer. We developed the product, quickly, closely tracking the progress and costs.
The following were the features built:
- Timecard entry and attendance management with the flexibility to integrate with external systems or upload data
- Scalable payroll engine that could process up to 10,000 contract staff payments
- Automated calculation of configurable complex payment and bill rules
- Best-in-class analytics
The solution was built in line with best practices from a design and development perspective. Lister helped the client manage the entire process until it was listed on the AppExchange.
- Our client was able to build a comprehensive solution within the time and budget they had outlined for this
- Salesforce security review was completed with minimal iterations due to the diligence and prior experience of the Lister team, who took care to ensure that all security concerns were addressed during development.
- The payroll engine was fine-tuned for performance, exceeding client expectations