Since many vendors had worked on the client Salesforce instance over several years, the company felt that their org was not set up and managed in line with best practices.
Lister reviewed their Salesforce org health and recommended specific improvements to ensure that they align with best practices. We classified recommendations based on business impact and helped Titan prioritize changes that had to be made. These, in turn, were soon implemented.
The work done included the following:
- Consolidated and cleaned up over 50 triggers to ensure they follow best practices and ensure a limit of one trigger per object
- Cleaned up unused and redundant fields, page layouts, workflows, roles, profiles, validation rules, apps, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Rewrote 40+ queries to ensure governor limits will not be breached
- Cleaned up and updated over 500 components using outdated API versions
- Removed hardcoded URLs and other values from buttons, links, and code
- Rewrote test classes to eliminate failures and improve code coverage to more than 85%
- Removed security vulnerabilities
- Cleaned up Opportunity object which had over 75 workflows and validation rules
- Ensured classes and methods followed proper naming conventions and commenting
- Helped deprecate unused sandboxes and synced active sandboxes with production
Client stakeholders were happy that they now had a significantly cleaner and well- set- up Salesforce.org.