It is not just a matter of customising Salesforce and turning it “on.” Salesforce has evolved and become more powerful and complex, over the years. Today, leading organisations are using the software to drive transformation in sales, service, and marketing, with a special focus on employee and customer experiences.
Lister offers a comprehensive set of strategic and advisory services tailored to your business context, that will enable success at every stage of your CRM journey.
Many factors affect Salesforce success: one of them is the level of readiness of your organisation. We review your readiness by understanding your goals against the current state, assessing employee readiness, evaluating process maturity, and assessing organisational capacity for change management. This Salesforce readiness assessment helps us tailor an implementation roadmap, specifically for your organisation.
We evaluate how ready your employees are to adopt innovative technology by looking at their current work methods and maturity levels. It is crucial to assess this before planning how you are going to drive change across the organisation.
This assessment helps us understand how mature and standardised your business processes, metrics, and review mechanisms are. It also allows us to define the best approach while implementing marketing, sales, or service functionality.
Organisational capabilities to drive change are dependent on many factors. We believe that implementing a CRM is not an IT Project, but a business process transformation program. If you do not drive the transformation of your marketing, sales, or service by deploying Salesforce, your ROI will be subnormal.
We assess the organisation’s ability to drive change and the level of commitment from the senior management to this program, helping guide you towards guaranteed success.
The readiness assessment we do helps us to work with you to define a roadmap to go from current to the desired state. We use our considerable experience in working with countless Salesforce
customers, coupled with our in-depth knowledge of industry best practices, helping you create a detailed roadmap of Salesforce implementation and adoption.
We begin by evaluating outcomes and identifying what success means to your employees, customers, and the organisation’s leadership. We help establish short-term and long-term success metrics aligned with Salesforce project milestones for each phase of implementation. This ensures that technology and organisational change mingle and deliver success.
Success-Metrics and Driven Phased Approach
We recommend a phased approach where we look at the project’s scope and functionality as well as the goals and success metrics for each phase. We believe the adoption and effective use of CRM is critical to success.
We strongly recommend a metrics-driven approach to implementation instead of a requirement driven approach. Our experience has led us to believe the business objectives and success metrics should be the focal point around which scope, functional requirements and change management plans need to be made.
We will help you set up governance in line with the best practices recommended by Salesforce.
This is critical for you to obtain value from Salesforce in the medium to long term. We focus on the following essential aspects of governance.
Setting up clear guidelines and standards for design:
- Guidelines to ensure that the data model aligns with Salesforce architecture, makes it scalable and brings flexibility to building reports and dashboards.
- Establishing standards and guidelines for design, coding, naming conventions, security and sharing, among other things.
- Establishing standards for documentation
- Data Quality
We provide strategies and best practices to improve and manage data quality-- critical to adoption. Also, we ensure the reliability of reports and dashboards.
- Data Storage Management
We strive to ensure that Salesforce storage limits are not breached, and the performance of queries and reports do not degrade due to the high volume of data. We help you address the following aspects of data handling. Some of the issues we handle include:
- What data should be stored in Salesforce?
- Introducing best practices of data federation and integration
- Automated archival and storage management
- Master data management
To ensure that your Salesforce environments are well- maintained and to facilitate smooth development, testing and deployments, here are some key things we can help you with:
- Set up guidelines for managing the development, testing and production environments, including how and when to refresh these environments to keep them coordinated.
- Establish processes, standards, and tools for managing codebases and versions to enable a greater degree of automation of DevOps processes.
- Approaches to monitoring batch programs, code coverage and limits
We understand that in today’s world, change is the new constant, and the pace of change will continue to accelerate. Here are some things we can help with, that would make life easier for CRM Managers and Admins.
- Recommend best practices in managing changes and enhancements while triaging change requests.
- Optimise and rationalise administrator roles and levels of authorization for an organisation
- Help set up Agile DevOps processes to plan and execute releases with well define metrics and measures to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Define a set of Do’s and Don’ts for changes
- Test automation and code coverage management best practices.
Good governance will guarantee that your Salesforce org delivers greater value and will bring the following benefits:
It will ensure that you can make changes to your business processes and functionality without breaking existing functionality for time to come. It will bring down the cost of maintenance and minimise issues faced by users when you deploy changes to production.
You will feel more confident that the Salesforce org will withstand the test of time as your business grows in terms of the number of users and volume of data.
Most importantly. It will bring agility to your response while changing business needs, enabling your business to respond quickly to market changes.