A leading hospitality and time share holiday company runs close to 50 resorts across India. The client, which has been using Salesforce for many years, has been undergoing a large business transformation program. Over time, their Salesforce instance was customised to handle a lot of functionality beyond sales and service. As a result, their Salesforce org was overly complex with a lot of legacy code. It was also nearly hitting all the governor limits imposed by Salesforce. Lister was brought in as a vendor for the client about 4 years ago’; we have become their primary vendor since then.
- Availability and pricing of rooms, across different channels, to meet the dynamic pricing needs and varying demands was getting too difficult to manage manually
- The reliance on manual processes and manual data uploads related to room bookings, room inventory was leading to delays in information availability. This, in turn, affected the speed of response to customer inquiries and lost revenue.
- Differences in data model between the hotel management system and Salesforce lead to a mismatch in room inventory and booking/cancellation information
We created a system to automate inventory management and bookings
- The booking team was provided functionality to define rules for bookings and pricing
- Inventory across all their resorts was integrated with Salesforce to provide real-time information on availability.
- We created an automated price engine that allows the client’s team to configure rules for price variations based on changes in demands and seasonality factors
- API’s were enabled to publish price dynamically on their website, based on rules defined
- Availability and price information improve conversions and bookings
- Automation saved hundreds of person-hours every month
- Management was enabled with better insights and decision-making capabilities, making it easier to tweak the rules and pricing for increased profitability