Data Protection Officer
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time by using the following contact details:
Lister Digital Services Inc.
1900 South Norfolk Street,
STE 350, San Mateo,
CA - 94403, United States.
Phone no. 650-483-6921
What personal data is collected?
In general, you can visit Lister’s websites without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you.
You may choose to give us personal information, including but not limited to the following -
- Identity Information - Your name and address or e-mail id which will help Lister to correspond with you, to enable you to download our white papers, to sign-up for our newsletter, fill out a form, or to provide you with a subscription or avail our offers.
- Your visit to our website and/or uses of our online services will be logged. The IP address currently used by your device, date and time, the browser type and operating system of your device, the pages accessed may be recorded. This data is collected for the purposes of optimizing and improving our website as well as our online services. The processing is legally based on legitimate interest as it is in our legitimate interest to protect our website and to improve the quality of our services. Additionally, your personal data is only stored if you provide it to us on your own account, e.g. as part of a registration, a survey, an online application or for online purchase (performance of a contract). We have taken appropriate measures to ensure that the data provided to us during the registration is adequately protected. These measures include, but are not limited to, encryption, access control, segregation of duties, internal audit etc.
- Employment Details – Your job title, job role description, company name, work contact details (including but not limited to work email address, phone number etc.), work history etc.
You can use the contact form on our website [link to Contact Form] to contact us for any request. The personal data that you filled out into the contact form will only be processed for answering your request. Filling in and submitting the contact form constitutes an affirmative action by which you have given your consent to the data processing.
If you tell us that you do not want us to use this information as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes. We intend to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. You can always refuse to supply personal information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain site related activities.
We will make a sincere effort to respond in a timely manner to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information. To correct inaccuracies in your personal information please return the message containing the inaccuracies to email@example.com with details of the correction requested.
We may use third party service providers to process your personal data. These service providers may be located in countries within and outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). We ensure that these service providers process personal data in accordance with European data protection legislation to guarantee an adequate data protection level, even if personal data are transferred into a country outside the EEA for which no adequacy decision of the EU Commission exists. Transfers of personal data to other recipients is not performed, except where we are obliged to do so by law. For more information about appropriate safeguards for the international data transfer or a copy of them, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Personal data provided to us via our website will only be stored until the purpose for which they were processed has been fulfilled. Insofar as retention periods under commercial and tax law must be observed, the storage period for certain data can be up to 10 years. However, storage periods may also be amended due to our legitimate interest (e.g. to guarantee data security, to prevent misuse or to prosecute criminal offenders).
As a data subject, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time with a notification under the contact information mentioned above under Section 1 to make use of your rights. These rights are the following:
- The right to receive information about data processing and a copy of the processed data.
- The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data.
- The right to demand the erasure of personal data
- The right to demand the restriction of the data processing
- The right to receive the personal data concerning the data subject in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller
- The right to object to the data processing
- The right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop data processing that is based on your consent.
- The right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Officer [ DPO – firstname.lastname@example.org ].
|Service Provisioning & Internal Processing||Basis for Lawful Processing|
|To provide services to you and to provide you details on such services including but not limited to your inquiries, questions and complaints that you raise||Lister’s legitimate interests and your consent|
|To maintain an accurate database of customer records and to confirm, update, and improve those records||Lister’s legitimate interests and your consent|
|To provide you services that are part of an established contract between you and Lister||Performance of a contract|
|To improve Lister’s websites and services||Lister’s legitimate interests|
|Management of Relationship and Marketing||Basis for Lawful Processing|
|To run promotions, surveys, campaigns, or other website features||Lister’s legitimate interests|
|To send periodic emails like newsletters and to send you information that you have agreed to receive like eBooks, whitepapers, etc.||Lister’s legitimate interests and your consent|
|Legal Obligations||Basis for Lawful Processing|
|If Lister is obliged to disclose information as required by any law, regulation or court order||Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation|
How long will the data be stored?
Lister will retain your information, as long it is needed to provide you services. Lister will retain and use your information to the extent necessary and permissible under applicable law to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements.
What rights do I have pertaining to my personal data?
You may request to verify, update, or correct any of your personal information on the Lister websites by emailing at email@example.com. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, and provided we are able to authenticate your identity satisfactorily, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and you will be entitled to change it as appropriate. You may also let us know if you do not wish to receive any further communication from us.
Updating/Correcting Personal Information
If you want to change your personal information, or if you no longer want us to retain your personal information, you may request for updating, or deleting it by contacting us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.