The client is a world-leading manufacturer of eye health products, including lenses, pharmaceuticals, and eye surgery products. The company produces a wide range of products and SKU’s, continuously launching new products and variants. There was need to empower field sales teams, enabling them to take orders from dealers and outlets, simply and accurately.
- Field sales teams found it hard to take orders due to the substantial number of SKU’s. This hampered their ability to select the right SKU easily
- It was important to accurately capture the variations needed in terms of power, cylindricity and other parameters
- Information availability on stocks was hard to find
- The ability to track status of orders did not exist for the field sales team
- Lister team designed and developed an iPad app, which would synchronize its data with their legacy applications. This gave them access to real-time information on stocks and SKU masters
- A creative and unorthodox UI was developed for easier ordering and to generate dynamic SKUs.
- The app was configurable for each salesperson
- Data was backed up; this enabled easy switching between devices
- Multi-language support was enabled
- It was now possible to scan product cartons or brochures to find the right SKU
- The app was convenient for users; they were delighted with the features
- Accuracy and speed of order taking was enhanced significantly, making the field sales teams more-than-productive
- The ability to sync with back end ordering systems removed order delays, with respect to capturing and processing