The client, a leader in the backup power industry in India, has created new benchmarks in it, upgrading standards for the entire sector. The client’s customer servicing operation in India, spreading across 30 service centers over the country, has 450 service engineers working for it.
Oracle ERP was enabled primarily for the head office, factory and central warehouse, but wasn’t available at the service centres. Lister implemented field service for the company, which included spares inventory management, service billing and receivables management.
- Inventory stocks were tracked only till the warehouse. The company was unable to follow the inventory at service Centers, and they lacked accurate, centralised information on current stock levels
- Charges levied on services were recorded at the service centres and had to be manually fed into the Oracle ERP, leading to errors
- There were challenges in the reconciliation of accounting information from service centres and head office
- The latency in the flow of information led to fraud at the service centres, especially with spare and defective parts, leading to considerable revenue leakages
Lister team built a complete spares inventory tracking system in Salesforce that granularly tracked information related to:
- Spare parts in transit
- Tracking of parts, missing in transit or damaged
- Spare parts handed over to service engineers for service
- Spares inventory at warehouses
- Local emergency purchase of consumables and spares
- Defective parts tracking
- Sales of scrap and defective parts generated during service
- Inter-service centre stock transfers
We also built a basic accounting functionality in Salesforce to handle service-related billing, collection, purchase and scrap sales disposal and collections. This was integrated with Oracle ERP to provide a seamless error-free flow of information on a real-time basis.
- Eliminated over 90% of fraud from the service centres leading to substantial cost savings for the company
- Reduced significant cost and time in the reconciliation of inventory and financial information
- Enabled real-time insights into spares inventory at service centres and reduced working capital through efficient inventory management